This section will contain documents, photographs and drawings of Soulbury through the ages. In order for this to be interesting, accurate and relevant we would appreciate it if anyone, who has any documentation in their midst that we can use, to please let Wendy Taylor know. She will scan/copy what you give her so you are not parted with your memories for very long.
There are a lot of very old buildings in the parish which must have so much history attached to them so if you have already done a lot of research on a building, and you would not mind it being published here please give Wendy a call on 01525 279530.
- Soulbury history – back to 1086
- Domesday Book entries
- History of Soulbury as at December 1861
- A tour of the parish with the vicar in 1871*
- Leighton Buzzard Observer report of first parish council meeting 1896
- Social unrest comes to the Soulbury area*
- Henry Whiting – An Accidental Death in Hollingdon*
- Hollingdon – what’s in a name*
- Thomas Corkett – a Soulbury farmer*
- Two Soulbury orphans in the workhouse*
- Cruelty to a dog at Hollingdon*
- Roads and Tracks in Soulbury*
- Opening of the new village school building*
- Historic map regression
- Liscombe Park Sale Catalogue 1921
- Liscombe Park Sale Map showing Lots 1921
- Straw Plaiting – Soulbury’s Shame
Those articles above showing an asterisk were supplied by Peter Caborn who used to live in Hollingdon prior to moving to France. A huge thanks must go to him for his continued support of this section of the website.